Presently, visitors can experience a self-guided interpretive trail at the W.E.B. Du Bois Homesite in a rural setting two miles from downtown Great Barrington. The interpretive trail highlights Du Bois’s journey from Great Barrington to the world stage, information from ongoing archaeological excavations, as well as the Homesite dedication in 1969.
Visitors can also explore Du Bois’s legacy in the landscape of downtown Great Barrington. Take the W.E.B Du Bois in Great Barrington Walking Tour to learn about places and people important to Du Bois.Free Guided Walking Tours at the W.E.B. Homesite, 2020
- Guided Tours of the Du Bois Homesite are not currently scheduled for the 2020 season.
- Group tours may be available on other days and times by appointment.
- The tour is about 50 minutes long, and follows a loop wooded trail that takes visitors to the remains of Du Bois’s ancestral home where visitors will learn about Du Bois’s family and way of life as revealed through archaeological investigations and historic documents. Along the way, visitors will learn about Du Bois’s journey from Great Barrington to the world stage, as well as the site’s beginnings as a memorial.
- Meet at the Homesite parking area. Please note, presently there are no bathroom facilities at the Homesite.
- For questions or group bookings: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 717-6259.
Click on the links below to learn more: